Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ride of 2007! (Jan. 27, 2007)

New year, old rider (just kidding), new bike? Finally managed to get out on my first ride of 2007. Pops and I decided to go hit up the woodlot just to get some sun and laugh at those who were stuck in the fog down in the valley. Unfortunately my camera batteries were dead so no pictures :( I get out of my car in the parking lot and as I am unloading all my gear my dad rides up to me on a mint 2005 Norco Shore thanks to Maple Ridge Cycle. We tractored our way up the mountain with the intention of riding Goldmine but there was still a good 10" of snow at the power lines and fallen trees were still all over the acces road past the power lines so we opted for Tsuga instead. We scooted down Tsuga, and my dad had some new found confidence thanks to the Marzocchi 888 and rode the steep rockface for the first time! We continued on to Snakes & Ladders. A string of sunny days had finally dried up the Woodlot a bit and the trails were in perfect condition. We cruised down to Shotgun for our traditional race to the parking lot.

No comments: