Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New bike.

"Bisosceles"


I didnt manage to get out riding this past weekend, but I was working for a friend, which scored me some extra cash to purchase an "new" xc bike. I was originally looking at a very intro mountain bike that would suffice for some on/off road riding but for an extra 50 bones I got a sweet xc rig. The bike bike just happened to be another Devinci. A 20" frame Devinci Cameleon, mint condition, plush little 80mm Manitou Splice Comp, Hayes hmx-1 mechanical discs, shimano disc hubs laced to Alex anti-snakebite rims and WTB Weirwolf 2.1" tires (super light wheel combo). Everything on this bike was new, including the tires. SRAM X7 shifters and derailers, shimano cranks, WTB SpeedV seat, Cane Creek headset. I took it for an afternoon rip around some neighbourhood trails, super fast. I can't wait to take this baby out on an epic trail ride, and finally make a serious attempt at the TCT. No more part swapping on my free-ride rig to make it xc-able!

No comments: